Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jesus is on Twitter

For the last few months, we've been wrestling with how exactly we are going to move our family to South Africa. I mean, living in Africa is way more spendy then we thought. I've been bombarded with doubts and disappointment and fear. 

Fear can overtake a person and make the most clear messages become garbled. Sure I'm afraid of moving my family half way across the world, relying only on the income of generous people. I mean, that should give anyone a little but of jitters. It got to the point where I thought, "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Maybe it's a dream I forced into reality." 

But then, low and behold, I check my Twitter account today.

Tweet #1: "Why fear when God's already given you, in Christ, everything you need to be what you're supposed to be and do what you're called to do?"

Tweet #2: Why would you be afraid when, in Christ, you have been completely accepted, eternally forgiven and richly supplied?

And for good measure, my friend on facebook posted this today: 

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." (Psalm 37:23)

AND 
"What if you lived today without any fear? Try it. Most common command in bible = fear not. "
 Jesus is a friend, even on facebook.
 

No comments: