Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A short stop in London town

After 38 hours of travel, we are securely in South Africa. We had a 12hr layover in London. That's the first time I've ever been to London. Twelve hours just whet my appetite. We did a whirlwind tour and saw Picadilly Circus, Chinatown, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, rode The Underground, dined at an authentic pub (literally it was called "an authentic pub" which makes me think that if you have to advertise yourself as authentic, you're probably not) anyway, ate some Fish and Chips and British Beef Ale Pie, bought some souvenirs and found our way back to Heathrow. It was Kevin's 40th birthday so what better way to celebrate?

Airplane sleep is as good as no sleep at all. So, we are going to bed early to get ready for a busy day. It's only 3 p.m. Ohio time. But sleep is going to feel great!

Thank you all for your prayers, I will post pictures as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Merri said...

I can't believe Kevin is 40! Happy Birthday, Kevin. How long will you be in South Africa? And what exactly will you be doing? Or is that in post I missed...

Caytie Hirschberg said...

That's neat, sounds like you accomplished a lot in 12 hours! ugh....i get it when you say no sleeping on airplane...that would be me! Glad you arrived safely and will keep praying for you while in SA!