Monday, February 18, 2008

I'll take two dozen roses in Pepto Pink


Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Guess what I got for Valentine's Day? The stomach FLU. Eeww. Nothing says romance like a bottle of Pepto. At least it's pink. My kids were so sweet to me during my hour of need. They volunteered to give me all the peace and quiet I needed. This meant they played Xbox games for an indefinite period of time while I wallowed away in my misery. It was all very calculated and organized. I'm not ruling out sabotage here.

Delusions aside, my husband sent me two dozen rainbow colored roses for V-Day. This is a huge deal because he knows I have a pretty dismal history when it comes to caring for living things (kids and pets aside). I'm a horticultural nightmare. Seriously, I could kill a cactus.

So he not only paid for the roses but paid for them knowing that he was sending them directly to their death. No living roses have ever survived a stay in my house. It would have been more humane had they arrived already ground into pot pourri.

It was a terribly sweet gesture. To show my appreciation, I gave him the flu too.

**********

Speaking of the flu and dead flowers, 5minutesformom.com is giving away an Oreck vacuum cleaner to one lucky person. Just leave a comment over there and they'll help you get cleaned up.

No comments: