Sunday, January 6, 2008

Do You Bleed Scarlet and Grey?


Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.
Bill Shankly, In Sunday Times (UK) Oct. 4 1981


One more day. The 2008 BCS National Championship. Few thought we'd be here again. After last year's (wince with pain) championship game against smarmy Florida, who thought we'd be here again? But my beloved Buckeyes have fortitude and Vernon Gholston.
With stealth like zen and a little bit of weird football karma, they are in the national championship game, again.

I don't know much about LSU, except it's in Louisiana. Louisiana has Kate Chopin, one of my favorite authors. They also have things like Cajuns, gumbo, jambalaya, voodoo, zydeco, Mardi Gras, bayou, Creole and Britney Spears.


I won't sleep tonight. I might even pray and fast.


GO BUCKS!

No comments: