Sunday, November 25, 2007

Free Rice, but not for fat Americans.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, some students recommended checking out a great website: www.freerice.com. It's a fun little vocabulary game. (Yes, an oxymoron for some). For every correct definition the rice people will donate 10 grains of rice to a third world country.

Kinda sounds like some sort of Internet scam, the way I described it. Of course, on the actual website they specifically say who they are and how the rice is donated and to whom. Besides, what kinda of scam artist would want to trick Americans into getting smarter? Unless our own government is behind this... Condaleeza...RICE.

It's the best of both worlds. Literary, sophisticated and eloquent word mongers hone their craft while the math geek inside my computer factors in the complex grain addition theory. You can easily earn a couple of thousand grains of rice in one sitting.

I, of course, glutton of Thanksgiving dinner and overall glutton, donated three thousand grains of rice to developing countries all while I stuffed my mouth with Pumpkin pie leftovers. Oh yes, I did. I don't recommend it; eating while nonchalantly affecting someones daily nutrition, or finishing off the pumpkin pie.

Both will give you heartburn.

No comments: