Sunday, May 6, 2007

Who knew there was more to spew?

I cannot believe how much information one can accumulate about a word such as sputum. A Google image search produced over 9,000 results. Who knew? This delightful image was on www.worth1000.com. I also found some sick health care 'professionals' who managed to create lyrics about sputum. I suppose it's all in the perspective. Allow me to present:

THE SPUTUM SONG

Based on "The Christmas Song" written by Mel Torme and Robert Wells.

Sputum thicker than a rubber tire
Green snot dripping from a nose
These are things that we’ve come to admire
In the profession that we chose

Everybody knows how quickly nurses turn and go
When a goober’s in mid-flight
They will say that they just do not know
How we can do it day and night

It always seems to be that way
Other departments wonder how we spend our day
They always look at us with great big eyes
And say that sputum’s the one thing they despise

And so by now we’re sure you’re wondering
What all of this is leading to
The point of it is we believe as a group
Better sputum
Than poop

To sing it yourself with an accompaniment track, go to:
www.rtlyrics.com/photos/sputum.gif

I strive to produce educational material. It's the least I can do and I always try to do the least.

No comments: